Assistant Watershed Coordinator
Full-time, Paid Position
Agency: Tinker’s Creek Watershed Partners (TCWP) is a nonprofit environmental organization. TCWP is an equal opportunity employer and provider.
Position Location: TCWP is located in Twinsburg, OH.
The successful candidate for this position will assist the staff with implementation of the Tinker’s Creek Watershed Partners’ programs and projects. The primary responsibility of the Assistant Watershed Coordinator will be coordinating fundraising and membership outreach, maintaining databases, organizing and implementing educational events, maintaining media and community relations, social marketing, field activities as needed, and assistance with project and programming development and implementation. These include, but are not limited to, maintaining files, databases, and media communications, processing donations and requests, and handling logistical details associated with public events and outreach campaigns. In addition to administrative duties, this position holds the potential for the successful candidate to provide education, represent TCWP at planning initiatives, and seek grants to create and manage new restoration and green infrastructure projects throughout the watershed. The position requires an individual who can work collaboratively and multitask on a range of administrative, planning and educational projects. The position is full-time.
Candidate shall also:
- Provide support for the development of a stormwater Good Housekeeping Program for TCWP communities.
- Perform field work including inspections, good housekeeping program and other duties as assigned.
- Assist staff with development of watershed action plans.
- Support staff with workshops on varying topics that address municipal workers, community professionals, landowners, and homeowners.
- Assist with fundraising programs and membership.
- Assist staff with outreach events and community meetings.
- Provide support to implement economic incentives for the watershed management program.
- Provide additional office and outdoor event duties as assigned.
Reports to the Tinker’s Creek Watershed Partners Executive Director.
Hours: Full time; days and time flexible according to the job duties, but typically between normal business hours. Normal business hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; however, sporadic weekend and evening work may be required.
Pay Range: $25,000 – $40,000, commensurate to experience.
Start Date: Successful candidate should be available to start no later than July 1, 2017.
- College graduate with a B.S. or B.A., or current college student having completed at least one year of undergraduate or graduate education. Interest in the environment, natural resource management, ecology, environmental sciences, communications, and marketing.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally with all personnel and customers at a professional
- Attention to detail, task-oriented, highly motivated, strong organization skills, self-starter, and superior analytical ability.
- Professional and respectful demeanor when communicating with private landowners and public agency personnel required.
- Ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions and to traverse uneven terrain while carrying up to 25 pounds.
- Must have a safe work record with good ethics and dependable attendance record.
- Must be familiar with and able to use Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and website updates.
- A personal commitment to attaining consistent levels of superior performance.
- Must have personal transportation, a valid driver’s license, and auto insurance.
Interested candidates shall submit a resume and cover letter to Harry Stark via e-mail at [email protected]
Deadline: May 15, 2017 or until filled.