2017 Ohio Stormwater Conference
May 10-12, 2017
Kalahari Resort and Conference Center, Sandusky, OH
Registration begins January 2017!
Tinker’s Creek Watershed Partners and the Ohio Stormwater Association, along with a number of collaborating partners, are hosting the 2017 Ohio Stormwater Conference. 2017 will be our 10th anniversary of the conference.
The 2016 Ohio Stormwater Conference had over 800 participants. The call for abstracts is your invitation to join a broad range of professionals to be part of the dialogue addressing issues associated with stormwater and watershed management in Ohio. Professionals in state and local government, the consulting community, academia, and others are invited to make presentations on case studies, research projects and current policy questions during the Conference’s workshops sessions.
Topics for this year’s conference include:
- Modeling and Research
- Stormwater Practices and BMPs Planning and Design
- Stream and Wetlands Restoration
- Stormwater Retrofits
- Green Infrastructure
- Industrial Stormwater Management
- MS4 Program Management
- Watershed Planning
- Legal Issues in Stormwater and Watershed Management
- Managing Stormwater in Transportation Projects
- Agency Program Updates
TCWP Training Offerings
TCWP is offering training opportunities on watershed management practices for landowners, community professional, and municipal workers. These training will help communities meet MS4 permit requirements. TCWP is an OEPA certified trainer for the following topics:
- Bioretention and Rain Garden Implementation and Maintenance
- Detention/Retention Basins Maintenance
- Permeable Pavement Maintenance
- Green Roof Implementation and Maintenance
- Rainwater Harvesting Practices and Maintenance
- Trees as SCM: Proper Selection, Planting, and Maintenance
- Pollution Prevention/Good Housekeeping Overview
TCWP Awarded Funds for Stream Restoration Planning
Tinker’s Creek Watershed Partners (TCWP) was awarded a $50,000 Cuyahoga AOC Habitat Restoration Project Planning grant from the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency. Funds have been used to create plans for habitat restoration projects in the watershed.
Four projects have been identified in Hudson, Streetsboro, and Warrensville Heights based on the Tinker’s Creek Watershed Action Plan (WAP), a state endorsed document that identifies the issues in the watershed and projects to improve watershed conditions. TCWP will work with watershed communities to identify three additional projects to receive restoration planning.
- Full press release can be found here.
- Project updates can be found here.
Tinker’s Creek Watershed Map
Business Members receive recognition in all of the Tinker’s Creek Watershed Partners newsletters and publications, and on our website. In addition, members are invited to participate in TCWP events. Membership in the Tinker’s Creek Watershed Partners will assist your business or organization in being recognized as an active environmental steward.