Tinker’s Creek Watershed Partners (TCWP) is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) watershed organization officially established in 2006. Our mission is to protect and restore water quality and habitats of the Tinker’s Creek watershed through community partnerships. The Tinker’s Creek watershed drains 96.4 square miles and is the largest tributary to the Cuyahoga River. The watershed area spans 24 communities in Cuyahoga, Summit, Portage and Geauga counties.
TCWP is governed by 13 dedicated volunteer Board of Directors who bring a variety of expertise in the fields of stormwater management, environmental education, engineering, natural resources conservation, planning, and economic development. TCWP is guided in their efforts to protect and restore the watershed and educate the public by three Ohio and U.S. EPA endorsed nonpoint source implementation strategic plans (NPS-IS Plans). Each plan encompasses a subset of the Tinker’s Creek watershed. They can be found under the Information tab. The group’s mission, along with the NPS-IS plans, shaped the goals of TCWP.
The goals of Tinker’s Creek Watershed Partners are to:
- Increase the understanding of community officials and the public regarding the natural and monetary value of protecting their water resources.
- Promote low-impact and conservation development practices that balance environmental integrity with human development
- Educate watershed communities about their daily activities and habits which negatively impact their environmental surroundings and provide alternative approaches to those practices.
- Encourage a no-net-loss wetland mitigation policy where mitigation remains localized within the watershed rather than outsourced to other watersheds.
- Lead a watershed-based approach to decision making that advances the concept of connectivity between the different political jurisdictions within the watershed.
- Increase recreational opportunities by connecting greenways, corridors, and bike paths between the different jurisdictions within the watershed.
E-mail: [email protected]